Wednesday, August 9, 2017

"Love Melbourne" by Gwen Wruck

Hi Creative Friends,

I hope you are all doing well!

Gwen here today to share another layout, this one featuring a shot of my beloved Melbourne!  I adore this place and once a year I take a trip down with my bestie and we have an absolute blast, shopping up a storm and eating one too many macaroons.  Each year I act the tourist by taking a stack of photos of the old buildings around the city; this one is one of my favs, I just love the vintage details!


This page started out with the cut file I have used in the background.  I fell in love with the heart shapes and simply backed with contrasting pink and white and then added some machine stitching.  With a busy background like this one, I knew I wanted to keep the rest of the layout pretty clean and I knew I would find sweet little D-lish goodies to add that would be the perfect finishing touch. 


I have created a little photo mat for my photo, just to separate it from the background.  I've done this with a couple of layers of scraps. To the left side of the photo, I've added a few tags out the side for interest.  There is a stack of Printed Tag Packs to choose from in store and I love the solid white tops on them so you can choose how much of the design you want to show.  On the right side of the photo, I have added an embellishment cluster featuring my favourite Fantasy Bloom flowers.

Here you can see the 'love' Corbett Creations wood words piece which makes up part of my title, and the daintiest little heart which I have kept plain and simply placed inside of one of the die cut hearts on the background.



I have also added a Wood Veneer Heart to round out my cluster and you can also see here the cute little Bitty Bow clip - You all know I'm quite partial to a bow and these are so sweet!  I love sliding them in between my paper layers so that you don't see the paper clip part and just the sweet little bow.  They are a great little touch to add.



and that rounds out the layout.  As I mentioned, with such a busy cut file background, I didn't need to add too much more to the page and it was done.

Products used:


thanks for popping by today
Gwen


xo

1 comment:

  1. Lovely page Gwen, love the hearts and great photo too!

    ReplyDelete