Monday, July 24, 2017

"Turning Ten" by Gwen Wruck


Hi Creative friends,

I hope you are all well!  Gwen, with you today to share a fun birthday inspired page.

This one features Miss Caitlin on her 10th birthday which was in January of this year and I have yet to scrap a single photo!!  We had a whole day of celebrations starting with some school friends at a local "Bounce Inc" trampoline play centre.   This is a quick snap I took before we all got jumping, such fun!


I began this page by selecting out some key elements I know I wanted to use, such as the chipboard balloons and the cute yellow deer from the Resin Embellishments.  I then decided to take the bright colours from these to make up the colour combo of my page.  I wanted everything to be bright and happy for this one.



I started with a plain pale pink background so that the bright elements I added would really pop!  First I began creating my photo mat, which consists of lots of layers of paper and a teal striped paper baggie.  This one was a 5 x 7 bag, which I have simply trimmed to fit my photo mat.


Next, it was time to lock in the design of the layout, I started with my title as I knew it was going to be pretty large.  That combined with the photo mat I had just made needed to be decided on before I went about adding the smaller details.  I just laid everything out and shuffled until I was happy.




Next, it was time to get working on some embellishment clusters.  I have positioned two wooden hearts to the left of my photo to start.  I have used so many of these Wooden Hearts, they go with everything right?!# These have been painted with some Colour Blast Water Colour Shimmer cubes in "Sunshine".  I then created a larger cluster to the right of my photo and another one towards the top of the page.  To decide these, I just tried to balance out the balloons, the title and my photo.



I've also used some Jewelled Cabochons - these are super cute and that pink/purple colour is divine!  Once I was happy with the clusters, I added a few splattered drops of watered down white paint just to soften the harshness between that super clean pink background and the embellishments.  Now was also a good time to add the final touch, some Enamel Dots.


I'll leave you with one more close up of all the paper layers and that cute little deer!

I'm sure you all have photos of birthday celebrations yet to scrap, so I hope this layout inspires you to pull them out.

Products used:


thanks for popping by today
Gwen

xo

1 comment: