Wednesday, July 19, 2017

"blessed" by Anthea

Hi all.  Hope you are all doing well.
 
Somehow in this busy thing we call 'life' I found some time to sit and do a simple, but hopefully elegant LO of my daughter on the day she made her first communion and confirmation. 
 
 
As usual - I started with some texture paste through a few different stencils. In true Anthea style, I just whacked it on roughly where I thought it might look good.  I have used a few stencils here, including one of my favourite D-Lish ones, Moroccan Tiles.  I don't know why I am drawn to this particular stencil, but you will find it on a LOT of my LOs in some form or another.  
 
 
I then layered with some gauze and some pretty vellum that I had in my supplies. 
I then used some bubble creative cuts which I kept white as I didn't want them to take over the LO,  just to add texture.  I also added tiny little bits of ripped washi tape (which came from an past JAP kit)  to add just a smidge of colour.  I wanted my LO to be primarily gold and white (the colours my daughter is wearing) but felt it needed a little something more to make it pop.
 
 
I also used some micro beads to add a teeny bit more colour and a bit more texture.  To make them sparkle a little more and blend in with the background I added a tiny bit of gold glitter.  These particular beads came from a past JAP kit. I love my JAP kits and I look forward to the beginning of every month to see what new kit is up for grabs.  I always get at least one kit....sometimes 2! 
 
 
I then placed my gold sequin bow on the LO (which I bought with full intentions of using on this LO). I never get tired of seeing these little beauties on any LO.  They are really that pretty! 
 
 
I then placed my title and some gold thread to add even more texture.  I used the dots from the "I"s from my alphas as scatters on my LO to make it all balance a bit more.  (Now there is absolutely no doubt that if I wasn't out of appropriately coloured enamel dots I would have used them on my LO instead!)
 
Now that was going to be the end of the LO, but it all looked a bit blah to me.....and I just couldn't leave it the way it was.....so I proceeded to chop my paper and add a pretty piece of pink/gold coloured paper that I have had in my stash for years to the back of my LO. 
 
I really wanted to sew around the whole LO with gold thread, but 2 things stopped me: 1. My sewing machine is out of action and 2. My hand sewing sucks.....big time.   So I settled simply for a little bit of blanket stitch to finish it off.  I used the word 'settled' because I really think a gold thread border would have looked beautiful.
 
Well, that is it for me for today. I hope you like my LO and as always, hope I have inspired you in some small way. 
 
Till next time.
Take care.
Anthea
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment