Wednesday, June 28, 2017

'Friendship of a lifetime' - by Nicolee Cable



Hi all.
I hope you're having a good week and are not too busy with EOFY. 
If you do happen to be in that industry (as I am),
 I hope you've been able to break away and relax with some
creative time using your D-lish goodies.

I've been having a play with the latest Just Add Paper (JAP) kit "Indigo Glitz" 
and am going to share my creation. 
This is a photo of my mum and some very dear old friends 
who have made such an impact on my parents lives, very special people.



Firstly I 'traced' the shape of the heart stencil with a white crayon.  
I did this multiple times across the page, flipping the shape to create some visual interest.  
I then watercoloured an ombre blue background and 
added some textured hearts (using an old D-lish mini heart stencil).
The blue water colour really makes the pink hearts stand out and look quite striking.


I added small strips of washi tape - just cos!
Then I gutted the silver loveheart doilie (yes, I took the guts out of it)!
I found it was a little too heavy and felt that the silver heart as a frame 
was more effective.


I placed this behind the photo and then layered my embellishments around it.


The large blue elegance bloom flower was a little too large for this layout, 
so I took off the leaves and the larger petals and cascaded a few down the page.



I used the journal card to back the photo and it framed it 
really nicely and then i placed the other JAP embelishments around the photo.



Here is a list of the embelishments from the JAP kit that I used:

silver glitter adhesive tape
flair button
large heart stencil
journal card
wood veneer heart (Corbett Creations)
salmon pink double layered flowers
elegance bloom (royal blue)
silver resin glitter heart
fabric bow
silver heart shaped doilie
royal blue tassel
lace butterfly patch
mini aluminium flower

Like I've said before, if you haven't got yourself a JAP kit - you gotta get one!
When you're pressed for time, they make creating a layout
super easy and it looks a million dollars (for a fraction of that price!).

Happy scrapping and I'll see you next time.

Nicolee xx




1 comment:

  1. Looks gorgeous Nicole! Where did you get that lovely heart stencil from? I looked on the d-lish website but coudnt find it. Did you just use normal crayon or something particular?

    ReplyDelete