Sunday, June 25, 2017

Champs by Lauren Tomecek

Hello hello! I took part in a basketball tournament this past weekend and it made me a bit nostalgic for my junior playing days. You know, the ones where you wouldn't hurt so much just waking up the day after a game? ;) Anyway, just because D-lish Scraps have such a beautiful range of flowers doesn't mean I need to include them in every layout. So here is a no-flower layout featuring my favourite colour - Orange!

I started by swiping some gesso over the background to tone it down a bit. Then decided to add some texture and interest. I mixed texture paste with some mist ink and some microbeads from a past Just Add Paper kit, then spread it over a star stencil.


I ripped up an orange Bitty Bag and placed it behind my photos. The washi tape also comes from a past Just Add Paper kit. My title is made from puffy alphabet stickers.


I couldn't go past the 'memory' flair button, given these photos are now 16 years old! I feel so old myself now. The orange coloured wire was really easy to shape into a star and provide a bit of extra interest.


I really like using these arrow paperclips as an accent and the blue resin glitter dots just finished it off perfectly. 


Thanks for checking out my work today!


http://lozcraft.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment