Monday, June 26, 2017

"Always Be A Queen" by Julianne McKenna

Welcome to the D-Lish blog! It's Julianne joining you today, and sharing another layout brimming with D-Lish goodies.  Today I've gone all out with layering, texture, and details. 


Sometimes we need to remind ourselves that we are in control of our lives - and that is what "Always A Queen" is about. I created this layout to remind me not to let life get the better of me, or to let it get me down, but instead to be strong and seize the day. Life is what you make it! 




As you can see, there are lots of layers and little details in this layout. I started with a 5x5 stencil (brick wall) as my base, then layered strips of paper and washout tape to create a textured background. 

Once the texture paste was completely dry, I flicked gold and brown spray mists over the layout to create a splattered background. 


Flowers. I just can't live without them. There are so many colours and varieties to choose from in the store - have you checked them out recently? I have used small paper roses, carnations and cabbage roses, in shades of light and dark pink. Both the cabbage roses and carnations are new in store - check them out before they are all gone! 

I have added doilies to add more texture and detail. I love doilies as they are so versatile - you can cut them down to smaller sizes, you can colour them, you can use them as a base for an embellishment, and many other things. 





Finally, I thought I would finish with a couple of cute raw wood veneer shapes. I have used an owl, which I left uncoloured, and a crown which I inked with pink ink, added rhinestones, and coated with glitter. How cute are they both? 

Thank-you for stopping by and joining me today. I hope you have found a little inspiration from today's share. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. 

 Don't forget to like us on Facebook for all the latest happenings at D-Lish Scraps

If you would like to view more of my work, please visit my blog: 

Cheers and happy crafting, xxx

Julianne. 



No comments:

Post a Comment