Something a little different for my last share this month - a whole collection of embellie clusters to inspire you......
It is safe to say that EMBELLISHMENT CLUSTERS are part of my style. I love layering embellishments together to create the perfect finish to any page. Of course, that is why I LOVE being a part of the D-lish scraps team, as D-lish Scraps has the BEST collection of embellishments available!
My main concepts about putting clusters together:
- Match the correct colour embellishments to match the layout
- Try to use odd numbers in your clusters, eg. a cluster of 5 items will always look better then 4 or 6
- Keep your whole layout balanced by creating a visual triangle, eg. create 3 separate clusters in a triangle shape on the layout
- Layer items under one another, eg. tuck a leaf under a flair, or a flower under a button, etc.
- Start with one bigger embellishment in the main cluster and group other embellishments around it.
- Embellishments can also run in a line - across the page, down the page or diagonally across the page
- Smaller embellishments such as D-lish dots, small Resin flowers and sequins are great on the edges of clusters
- Layer elements below the cluster, eg. punchinella, ribbon, muslin, washi tape, paper strips, doily, threads, tags, paper bags etc.
- Include horizontal elements in the cluster, eg. arrows, word stickers, coloured wire, washi tape, etc.
Here are some close ups of my clusters from the recent retreat in Melbourne.
Paper roses, Resin flower,.
Thanks for looking, Hope you are inspired to create lovely amazing clusters!!!!!