Tuesday, May 13, 2014

99.99% D-lish Scraps .. with Alz

As I'm in my second term of being a Design Team member for D-lish Scraps and having been a long time D-lish Scraps follower, you can probably imagine I have a fairly substantial D-lish Scraps stash. Yes? Yes! Here's a pic of my current storage system which, might I add, I need to buy another of ..


Most of those compartments are pretty jam packed with products. Some I can barely close so yes I need to buy another one of these awesome storage cases. But anyways, moving on, with so many beautiful products at hand to play with it should come as no surprise that when I scrap, these days, I predominantly scrap with D-lish Scraps embellishments and that's about it.

Here's one layout on which the only other embellishments are a chipboard heart and a word for my title ..

Fabulous

I was inspired to create this layout by the photo, the products and a class I took with Gina Rodgers whilst at e2c in March. I totally fell in love with Gina's layering technique and wanted to have a go at adding my own spin to it. I created a fairly simple mixed media background and to give my layers more depth, inked the edges black. Because the layout was already busy enough with the mixed media and layers it only required minimal embellishing. I used Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Arrows and Stars & Such) which I coloured with a black marker and coated with glossy accents, a Flair button from the fabulous 2014 Script Words Black collection, and some Washi Tape. Not a lot of embellishments but when used effectively, sometimes less is more.


This next layout is 100% embellished courtesy of D-lish Scraps and was inspired by last month's D-lish Scraps Inspiration Board challenge. It was to die for! I loved it so much I didn't even wait for the Just Add Paper Kit (Tangerine Splash) I had ordered to arrive to create my layout!!

Believe

The products I've used include .. Journal Its Mixed Ticket Tabs, 12mm Clear Glass Cabochons, Freckled Fawn Dew Drops and Paper Clips, orange Hand Dyed MuslinDyed Wooden Buttons (Blossom), Paper DoiliesBags in light blue chevron and kraft, a Flair Button from the Words of Wisdom pack, Cotton Twine from the Peach/Orange Flag & Flair Pack, Manor House Creations Cardstock Words in white, chevron chipboard from a Memory Maze Chipboard Pack, tangerine/yellow Cherry Blossoms and an orange Tutu Blossom from the Black/Orange/Apricot pack which you can now find in the Clearance section of the store. Not another embellishment in sight! Unless you include my machine stitching LOL!


Oh and if you thought last month's Inspiration Board challenge was yummy, have you seen this month's? I think I've died and gone to heaven! LOL I'm off to play with those delicious colours now. And yes I'll be digging into my D-lish Scraps stash and only that stash to get creating.

Oh and just quickly before I go, one of my favourite chipboard techniques at the moment is to paint it with white gesso (usually a couple of coats), then ink it up with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. When the ink is dry I apply Inkssentials Glossy Accents which, being a liquid, re-activates the Tim Holtz Distress Ink, resulting in a very yummy watercolour effect. I'm thinking I might have to play with this technique some more .. perhaps using more than one colour and seeing how they blend together. Stay tuned!

Hasta la vista scrappers .. Alz   :)


2 comments:

  1. WOW Alison, you have created some amazing layouts this month!!! I love the textures and layers in the 'fabulous' page and can't stop looking at all the details in the gorgeous 'Believe' layout. Seriously loving how you have arranged the doilies to look like clouds - stunning :)

    ReplyDelete