Friday, December 13, 2013

Share with Sophie {Waiting for Summer}

Hi all,
Today I'm sharing with you a layout that features the very cute and super cheap Bitty Blooms. And when I say feature, I don't just mean a few.

I purchased three packets of Bitty Bloom, two orange, one yellow, with this idea in mind. I think I used all the coloured ones from the 3 packets but have a few white ones left over. I haven't counted them but I'd say there are about 60 on this layout.

I chose orange and yellow as I thought those two colours would create the best ombre effect. I think green and yellow would also look cool or you could just purchase a few packets of one colour. (Which I think I might do next).


I started with a base of texture paste, some strips of calico material, some more texture paste (stencilled) and then some yellow and coral mists. 
I then arranged the flowers and eventually adhered them with a good old fashion glue stick.

Amongst the 'sea' of tiny flowers I also added other embellishments including a couple of different resins and buttons.


I didn't think I would but I ended up going with a monchronmatic/analagous colour scheme, using various other yellow and orange products from the store.



I sprayed some mist onto one corner of a Freckled Fawn frame to add a bit of colour. 
It went on and dried really nicely. This is a great idea if you want to use the frame but the woodgrain finish isn't suiting your layout.


D-lish products used:

Thanks for stopping by today. I hope this gave you some inspiration. This layout has even inspired me to try this technique again, I think it looks really effective. Let me know what you think.
Happy scrapping! See you again really soon.

1 comment: