Saturday, December 21, 2013

Keeping it simple .. with Alz

Shock horror! Did you read right? “Keeping it simple .. with Alz”??!!! LOL yep you sure did. Although I’m generally ‘known’ for my ‘more is more’ approach to mixed media and texture every now and then I feel the urge to create something more ‘clean’ and simple. Usually when that urge hits, I head towards something elegant or whimsical, or both. This layout was all about whimsy ..

We're family
published in Scrapbooking Memories Volume 16 No. 11

I created this layout for a challenge blog where I’m a member of the creative team. I knew I wanted to scrap this photo of hubby and I taken in June 2012, but didn’t want to go down my usual soppy, lovey-dovey road because quite honestly I wear my heart on my sleeve often enough as it is!


Because I wanted the photo and the embroidered heart lollipops to remain the primary feature of my page I’ve used very few embellishments .. Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Hearts), Freckled Fawn Dew Drops (Arrows), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Arrows), a Paper Doiley, black Motex Tape, and Flair Buttons. Not including my alphas, that’s six different types of embellishments and yet my page looks so ‘empty’. I guess I should try this KISS method of scrapping more often. I hope I’ve inspired you to give it a go.


Until tomorrow, stay cool and keep scrapping!!!

Cheers .. Alz   :)

No comments:

Post a Comment