Friday, November 22, 2013

Introducing Bear .. with Alz


Morning! Its Alz here with some layouts of my gorgeous furry friend, Bear. You’ll probably get to know Bear fairly well over the coming months as he’s nothing but a big, furry, four-legged baby who, despite his 20kg plus weight, thinks he’s something of a lap dog! As such I take a lot of photos of him which I can’t resist scrapping.

This first layout was created for last month’s Kraft It Up challenge. Surprise, surprise LOL considering yesterday’s post! The challenge was a colour board one incorporating the colours kraft, white/cream, navy and orange.

3 today

Amongst my embellishments I’ve used a Flair Button, a Journal It's by Star Round & Rounds journaling spot, and a Navy Chevron Bag (which I cut down). I’ve also used plenty of enamel dots and wood chips, a fabulous range of which, by Freckled Fawn, you can find in store HERE.


"Faithful companion" was a result of yet another challenge (I know, I know LOL). This time it was the sketch challenge at Once Upon A Sketch. I also used it for a Scrapbook Creations blog hop post featuring D-lish Scraps yummy, scrummy flairs.

Faithful companion

Seeing as how the blog hop was all about flairs, flairs and more flairs, and I was featuring flairs from D-lish Scraps, I took the opportunity to use lots of other D-lish Scraps goodies. In addition to the D-lish Scraps Flair Buttons, I used Washi Tape, Hand Dyed Muslin, Wooden Star Buttons (dark), Freckled Fawn Dew Drops, Skipping 5 Puffy Things (Woodgrain Hearts), a Chevron Bag, Freckled Fawn Wood Chips (Speech Bubbles), Freckled Fawn Paper Clips (Cameras), Motex Black Tape, Journal It's Round & Rounds, Flag & Flair Pack (Orange/Peach), and Hand Dyed Seam Binding (Apricot).


A quick tip .. the Flag I wanted to use wasn't quite vibrant enough, so I selected the chevron patterned Flag and covered it with Washi Tape. Being transparent (the Washi Tape that is), the chevron pattern showed through the Washi Tape for a great effect.

That’s it from me today. I’ll be back tomorrow with some D-lish Scraps ‘exclusives’. I look forward to chatting with you then. Hope you have a great day!

Alz   :) 

7 comments:

  1. These layouts are fabulous Alz, love both for the different detail of colour and embellishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments Sandra! :)

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous Alison.....I wish my puppies would sit still long enough for me to get some shots to scraps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kylie! For a kelpie cross Bear is really rather laid back!

      Delete
  3. wow, your backgrounds are amazing - so many interesting details :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your layouts, Alz :) and it is great to see Bear in them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Karyn and Susan! :) xx

    ReplyDelete