Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Adore You - With Beth

There's an amazing assortment of flowers in the store so this month I thought I'd try and have a play with the new hand dyed muslin.

This girly thing and I do not usually work well together, so once I figured out what to do with the muslin, I was set.


Firstly, I decided on my general placement of patterned papers and once again using my paper saving (aka cheapskate) techniques by cutting strips of paper instead of large rectangles, I created the base patterned paper photo mat.

I then cut a piece of muslin larger than my photo. I glued the top part down and then I scrunched up the bottom to create a bit of a frame. I used a liquid glue to adhere it (Dimensional Magic is my favourite and I actually use it for all my gluing.)

After it was set, I glued a couple resin flowers to the muslin. Honestly, these flowers are not moving. They are stuck like super glue.

I also created a little cluster of embellishments around the title. On this layout I also sewed around the outside edge as sometimes I feel like the layout needs to be contained, you know?

Materials used:


Happy Scrapping! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment