Saturday, April 20, 2013

Raquel Bowman - April DT Share

Raquel's Blog: A Blessed Life 


Today I am here to share some more layouts with you that I have created using the gorgeous D-lish Products.

The first page I have to share with you is an 8.5"x 11" size page. This was because I created it for the April challenge at SUYS which was to do one at this size! A little out of my comfort zone.

Layout title: This smile


D-lish products used:


Other Products Used:Kraft cardstock, Crate Paper 'Maggie Holmes' papers, stickers, frame and die cuts, October Afternoon Mini Market alpha stickers, Jillibean Soup alphabet stickers, white thread, A Piece of Cake Designs 'Cherry Flair'

Here is a close up of how I have used the bitty bloom and the heart button. They are both the perfect addition to a cluster of embellishments. 



The next page I have to share is a new favourite of mine. I created it for the current Scrap the Girls challenge, which was to use hexagons, paint or mist and buttons (and a pic of a girl).

Here is what I came up with:

Layout title: Love, kisses, adore


REMOVED FOR PUBLICATION

D-lish products used:

Other products used:
Papers: Crate Paper 'Maggie Holmes' patterned paper
Embellishments: Crate Paper die cuts, Crate Paper sticker, Crate Paper Bow, Bo Bunny Button, My Minds Eye buttons.
Other: The Crafters Workshop Template, Prima Template, Gold 'Zing' embossing powder, Mister Hueys mists, White Sakura pen, gold thread, staples.


I used Gold embossing powder on top of the mini chipboard words and heat set it. It created a nice textured and of course sparkly effect.


I found the centre of the cherry blossom a little too stark so I decided to keep with the metallic theme and added a little bit of Old Gold paint to it to make it suit my layout more.


Recently I love adding texture to pages whether it is paint or mists or just extra layers. When I saw the tulle in the D-lish store I thought it would be perfect to add to a page of my little girl.


 To create the 'ruffled look' I ran a strip of double sided adhesive along the bak of my photo mat. I then pleated and stuck it down as I went.


I further secured the tulle with another strip of adhesive. After this I actually added a strip of acid free sticky tape which is not pictured here.


I love adding strips of paper to the top and bottom of my layouts too lately. I decided instead of paper I would use washi tape and tear it in half. I then added it along the bottom and the top of the layout, layering as I went. I finished this look off by machine stitching along it with metallic gold thread.



Hope this post has inspired you to create with the gorgeous D-lish Scraps Products available in the store. 

- Raquel xxx



No comments:

Post a Comment