Monday, December 4, 2017

"Seriously Rad" by Anthea

It is December!!! 
 
Just thought I would say that!  I mean where has the year gone?  I hope you are getting ready to have a lovely Christmas break and you get to enjoy some scrappy time too.
 
This next LO is of my gorgeous niece from a few years back when she was attending some kind of martial arts training (I can't even remember what it was it was that long ago). We had gone to visit her (and the family) and she happily obliged us in putting on her outfit and showing us some of her moves.  She was bloody awesome.  Now this photo is one of my all time favourite photos ever!  I think it captures her spirit beautifully and I have wanted to scrap it for ages but never found the right  way to do it.   
 
As soon as I saw the October JAP Kit, Seriously Rad, I knew that it would be perfect for this photo.
 
 Now as most of you know, I am one who tends to break kits up - but in this case I didn't.  Almost everything on here except the paper and photo are from this kit!
 
 
The first thing I did was slap on some texture paste using the chevron mini stencil from the kit.  This stencil is not available on its own, but there are a ton of stencils in the shop to choose from here.
 
I then backed the wood veneer hexagons with the papers that I chose for the LO.  I am the worst cutter in the world, but cutting the paper to fit the back of these allows for some room for error and I don't think you can see that I didn't cut them straight at all. If you are looking for other wood veneer pieces there are quite a few in the shop here.

 
After I had my hexagons ready, I moved them around the page before deciding the whole LO needed something more - so I grabbed the entire piece of black hessian from the kit and laid it down the page - it wasn't quite long enough - so I cut it and hid the "not joined bit" behind the photo. 
 
 
I then just placed my hexagons where I wanted them and stuck all the remaining little pieces down.
The flair buttonstar cabochons and the fabric covered stars (all part of the kit and now available as kit bits) were added at different heights to add more texture to the whole LO. 
 

 
To finish it off I added my title.  It is made from the creative cut in the kit and because it was too big to use on this layout as it was, I simply cut it in and made it into two separate pieces.  This allowed me to place it wherever I wanted.  I inked in it red and then just sewed it down.  I finished the whole layout with a messy, sewn, black border.  (I did have to remove a few pieces and reapply them for this to happen).
 
I will add journaling at a later time - because this is not my child, I am reluctant to add any identifying information.  
 
Thanks again everyone for looking.
 
Hope you have enjoyed.
 
Till next time.
Take care.
Anthea
 
xo
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment