Thursday, November 9, 2017

Tags by Mal

  Hi all, 
Do you make your own cards or tags? I do. I try to make a batch at once so I have a bit of a stash and I normally make them all using the same background technique and then embellish with all my 
D-lish stuff...so easy and cheap too :)

Here's two of my recent tags.
 I started both these tags with some gesso and a swipe of some inks. 
After the background was dry I used the cloud stencil that was in a past Just Add Paper kit. These stencils are only 5x5 and are perfect to use on cards and tags. Check them out here.

After this dried, I chose all my embies. If you know me you know I use what I have on my desk, I don't have a massive stash, I really just use what's in front of me, what I'm loving right now. D-lish stuff is just perfect for me as I can cut stuff up, rip it into pieces and there's lots of bits and pieces that I can add to my page.
 So for this tag I added some punchinella in yellow, a yellow tag from a past JAP kit, some leaves in white and a gorgeous paper flower


Another tag using the same kind of background and then a few select pieces from D-lish Scraps.
Firstly I took one of the white lace butterflies and decided to colour it. Yes that's right, colour it. I often but stuff in white because I can colour it to suit my page or card/tag. So I did just that...I coloured it with some pinky red ink. Love how ti turned out and it is perfect on my tag.



I layered some punchinella, you know I love that stuff because I can rip it into whatever size I want...so cool. And added a title, one of the Paint Chip tabs in blue. 


 I also coloured my flower  just a little bit with some drops of ink on the petals, random but just to add a bit of colour to the flower. And some of the stamens under the flower to add a bit more depth and interest to the tag.

Think I'll go and make some more...they are quite addictive and so quick when you're time poor.

Happy scrapping...xxxMal




No comments:

Post a Comment