Friday, November 10, 2017

"Love" | Nicolee Cable


Hi there lovelies!!!

Today i have a pastelly layout to share with you. The photos are of my favourite aunty and uncle whom i recently got to spend some time with.  I really felt that the pastel palette was perfect for their personalities and reflects them to a T. 
Dont you love that we can show so much about our scrappy subjects in our creations by using colour, design and embellishments?!
As is my custom, I rummaged through my supplies and gathered all the embellishments that I thought would work well on this layout.  As you can tell, I didn't get to use all of them!


This layout started out as plain white cardstock.  I painted with watercolours on the back ground and stuck strips of D-lish washi tape randomly around the boarder.
After adding the white boarder to my photo and then cardboard behind it to give dimension, I placed a large doilie in the middle of my page and based everything around that.


I wanted lots of flowers on this layout so chose three focal points around the photos.


I used a Creative Cuts medium sized butterfly and cut it in half so it could be used on both sides of the page.

This was stuck down first and then the cluster flowers grouped around it.

I used a Memory Maze words & titles arrow for the title. I painted it with gesso and then went over it with Colour Blast Colour Shimmer Cube Snow White which basically just gave it some sparkle. There was a tiny bit of old pink powder left on my paint palette so i just dipped the brush in it to give the title arrow the slightest hint of colour. How beautiful does this look!! You must give this a go!


These lace butterflies are new to the shop  and they are so lovely to use, just perfect for this layout.


After adding the flowers to the clusters, I added the resin flowers and glitter dots. I also had some decorative straws that I cut in pieces and added them to the clusters for something different.


Here's a list of the D-lish embellishments used:

Flowers (Little Birdie daisies & Serenade, Sakura Blooms, Chinese Peonie)
Sequins
Embroidered flowers (old JAP kit)

Thanks for looking, hop on over to the store to grab some embellishments for your next project!

See you round for the cybercrop next week.

Take care
Nicolee x









No comments:

Post a Comment