Tuesday, November 7, 2017

“Colourful Cards!” by Amy C

Hello hello! D-Lish Scraps fans!

It’s Amy here with a project using cards.
It's handy to have a stash of handmade cards for friends and family.

I went to a Paperific expo in Melbourne recently and finally got hold of the Distress Oxide inks. Once you apply these inks with water, it creates such a cool water-coloured effect! 


To prepare the four cards pictured above, I randomly stamped ink on the embossing folders then lightly sprayed with water and placed watercolour cardstock into the folders and then ran it through my Cuttlebug.
Next, I heat-dried my cardstock and adhered onto white card-making paper cut to size. Once the background was completely prepared, it was time to embellish with D-Lish Scraps goodies 😊 …

 
As seen here, I embellished this simple card using the always-gorgeous paper doilies. Next to the doily I have a strip of yellow polka Washi tape from a previous JAP kit.
I finished this card using the stunning faceted enamel dots: these are new to the store.
I can assure you, they are stunning!

With this card, I wanted to try and create a spring feel to it.
I used a flair and journal pack from the Fresh Cut Kit. This cluster was placed on top of a white paper doily from the store. 
Surrounding the bicycle flair, I have used a resin butterfly. I inked and lightly painted clear glitter onto the paper flowers, from the gorgeous ‘Little Birdy’ range. These are to swoon for! Finally, I randomly added the new Faceted Enamel Dots.

 
For this next card, I have placed a white paper doily and created a small cluster in the bottom right hand corner. In this cluster, as you can see, I have used a few of the ‘Little Birdy’ flowers: I love them! For the leaves, I used wood veneer from the store. Underneath the yellow flower, I have cut the title ‘Today’ from Journals It’sMinifetti range. Again, to add to this card, I used the ‘Faceted Enamel Dots’.

As this card had a lot of orange ink, I thought the coloured doilies would be complementary here. Similarly to the previous card, I have used a few of the ‘Little Birdie’ flowers. I adore the shades of colours that they cater to. I have added some wood veneer leaves here and finished off the card with ‘Faceted Enamel Dots’.


Thank you for looking! I hope it inspired you to make some simple, but stylish cards!


Happy creations! Amy 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment