Friday, October 20, 2017

'adore you' by Nicolee Cable


Good Morning all.  I hope you're all doing well this Friday morning?
It's my youngest sons 18th birthday today, so I'm feeling a mix of emotions, 
relief (school is nearly over - forever!!), joy and delight that they've all 'made it', proud of where they are all at but also a little sad!

I'd like to share with you a layout that celebrates some of the amazing women in my family.
As I usually do, I pulled together some D-lish supplies that I wanted to use for this colour palette. I love these softer spearmints and mauve colours together and decided to offset it with black.

Firstly I decorated the background of an already pink-washed page.  I added some watercolour Color Crush powder and then stencilled with Colour Blast paste.  Then I splattered with some purple and light spearmint watered down paint. The inspiration for this colour scheme came from the old up-cycled purple passionfruit bag. After distressing it, I attached it with staples. I love using 'random' and up-cycled elements on my pages.  It just makes them more unique and one-off. 

I backed the photo with different papers (black patterned, bronze and black leopard skin). I twisted and distorted the coloured wire to use behind my title.  This just gave it some height and interest. 
Then I coloured in the Creative Cuts word title with my bronze posca pen.
After the foundation of my layout was set, then all I had to do was add my chosen embellishments.  
I love the different depths of colour in the D-lish pretties, you can always find the tone you're looking for.  Check out the close-ups of the embellishment clusters in the shots below. 
I always try and add a couple of neutral elements to my layouts, whether it be white, black or wood.  I find this just breaks it up from being too matchy-matchy throughout the whole layout. Here I've chosen a beautiful wooden butterfly and black flower.



Here is a list of all the D-lish embellishments used on this layout:

resin flowers/shapes (how cute is that camera?)
Other flowers
Creative Cuts feathers and word (which I've used for the title)
vellum butterfly
cloud stencil (from Over the Rainbow JAP)

I hope you are inspired by this layout and will pop on over to the store to grab yourself some wonderful D-lish goodies to play with.

Have a wonderful weekend, I'll be enjoying have no 'children' in the house anymore!!
Here's to no more school lunches :)
(actually he's been making his own for years but it's definitely cause for celebration ey!)

Take care
Nicolee xx







No comments:

Post a Comment