Sunday, July 2, 2017

"Overflowing" by Amanda H

Hi everyone,

My turn to share for today. This week when I sat down to scrap, by desk was messy... too much creating without making the time to clean up... naughty naughty.

In front of me was a pile of new yellow and pink flowers that I had got in my last D-lish Scraps order... These inspired this page, as it seemed easier to use them than put them away! :) Who else is guilty of that?!

Here is my page. In the close ups you will see the awesome D-lish goodies I have used.

My main inspiration for his page was the wood veneer Mason Jar, which was in the June Just Add Paper Kit. I had the idea of flowers and butterflies overflowing and flying out of the jar! And that is what I created! It was perfect for this sweet photo of my loving daughter.
 
Starting with white cardstock, I layered some yellow and then pink mixed media elements to create the background. I used a stencil from my stash, but have you seen the amazing (and great-value) collection of 5x5 Stencils in store?
 

I painted the Mason Jar (using my new Colour Blast Shimmer Cubes) and once I stuck it to the page, I piled sequins, D-lish dots and Pink pearls into the heart in the centre of the jar. I added a layer of dimensional magic to hold them in the heart and to give shine.
 
Around this, I clustered a Yellow Bitty bow and flowers: Roses, Carnations (my favourite scrapbook flowers of all time), Cabbage Roses and Little Birdie Watercolour Pearl Petals.
 
 
I also added more D-lish dots,  and Pink Pearls.
 
 
Fluttering out of the jar, I used two butterflies from the new D-lish Scraps Creative Cuts range. These have proved very popular, and whilst you might not find Butterflies in stock today, there are lots of other options. Also check back in store regularly, as Amanda is always added and restocking favourites!
 
I painted the butterflies pink and glued them from the centre only, so the wings are raised for some dimension.
 
And more of the flowers clustered under one of the butterflies!
 
I love this colour scheme and was happy that I was able to create something on my messy desk, with what I had in front of me.
 
Thanks for looking today,
Amanda
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment