Thursday, June 15, 2017

"Love moments like these" by Tamara Buckler

Hey there scrappy friends,

Happy Thursday to you all! The weekend is nearly here again! This week has flown by, thanks to a public holiday on Monday. We had a very wet weekend which meant lots of scrappy time!!

My layout today is based on this month's challenge, Indigo Glitz. I had hoped to share this with you earlier in the month, but I hadn't had a chance to have a play with this divine mood board. Nevertheless, the colour scheme just kept floating around in my head, and I just had to give it a go.

The combination of Navy , Pink, Silver and White is not something I would normally use, and I found I had to stretch myself to incorporate the pink. But, I'm pretty happy what I came up with...




I started by adding gesso to my page in the areas I though would get wet. I then added some news print patterned paper for added texture and interest and then used some navy ink, silver paint and black ink to come up with my messy background. I traced the circles of the lots-of-dots stencil with a black fine-liner to add extra interest on the inky background.

I then started to add in all the D-lish pretties. My main cluster features a sequin bow, B&W resin heart, enamel dot and a journaling spot. I love how the sequin bow adds the little touch of bling that we can see in the mood board.


To balance out the layout, I built my title on the bottom right hand corner of the page with some of the grey Puffy Alphabet Stickers. I also added a sneaky little pink enamel dot to carry that colour down the page.



Another little cluster to the top left of the page, again works to add balance. I love how the smaller D-lish embellishments (like the resin hearts or enamel dots) can be used to add colour and repetition to my clusters, without being overwhelming or making the page seem cluttered.


Have you had a go of the 'Indigo Glitz' moodboard yet? We'd love to see your interpretation! You've still got plenty of time to get it in.

Happy scrapping!
Tam x


No comments:

Post a Comment