Sunday, May 28, 2017

sweet tea - by Nicolee Cable


Hi there, Nicolee here for my last May layout.

I've been inspired by a floral, almost black and white, 
piece of Heidi Swapp patterned paper for this design.  It has an ever so slight
tinge of colour, so I used this as my inspiration for the colour scheme
of this layout with my mother-in-law, 
black and white with a slight soft touch of colour.

I've fussy cut some of the floral elements on the paper
and layered a couple of them in the diagonal corners under the photos.


Then I just layered the clustered embellishments in the diagonal corners of the photos, 
as you can see, it's actually quite a simple layout.

D-lish embellishments make layouts Easy Peasy!

Here are the D-lish products I used:
doilies (large and gold from an old Just-Add-Paper kit)
large and small pearl dots (from a previous JAP kit)
various other flowers
washi tape on the top and bottom boarders
 and a vellum butterfly (from a previous JAP kit)






The technique I really enjoyed doing with this layout was
sprinkling tiny little micro glass beads (from a previous JAP kit) 
on the glue covered creative cuts word.

Don't you think it looks really cute?!  It's a great way to use them and can be fun....
as long as you're prepared and they don't go everywhere!

As they're quite light, I then just rested the word on the layout where 
it fell, rather than laying it flat, it gives it a bit of dimension.


 I hope you enjoyed this layout and please pop on over to the
D-lish store to grab all those extra special 
little embellishments that make your layouts complete!

Take care everyone,
have a wonderful weekend and I
will see you in June!
(I can't believe I just said that!)

Happy Scrapping
Nicolee xxx





1 comment:

  1. Wow! Nicolee! This is breathtaking!! Those flower clusters, swoon!

    ReplyDelete