Friday, May 19, 2017

"Adore" by Anthea

Hi All.
 
Hope you are all well! 
 
This month I bring you a LO using a photo that I absolutely adore.  My beautiful daughter hugging my 'niece's' very pregnant belly.  I wanted the LO to be soft and pretty and very feminine.  There was a bit too much colour happening in the photo for me to work with - so I changed it to black and white and chose my colours from scratch.  (I do apologise for the less than stellar photo - I have been waiting for some decent light but I am just not around when the light is to take the photo - I hope you can forgive me!?)
 

This LO is really very simple.  I used a stencil to apply some texture paste and then coloured that in with some gelatoes. D-Lish has a ton of gorgeous stencils here.  I then just prettied the whole LO up with lots of D-Lish goodies.  As you can see I have used a D-Lish doily to back my photo (will I ever get sick of them?) I then used some Little Birdie flowers, which are relatively new to the store, and mixed them with some forget-me-nots and some white leaves. There are tons of other flowers in the shop to use too.
 
I still wanted a bit of texture and colour: so I mixed in some stamens,  and  some wire twisted with beads (I will go into this a bit more later in my post) and a D-Lish flair button.  I also snuck in some washi tape from an old JAP kit.  (If you are looking for a good bargain - there is currently 50% off old JAP kits.)
 
 
 
Using beads and wire together is something that is not new to me, but I will admit this is the first time I have used D-Lish wire for the job.  I have to say, the wire was soooooo easy to work with. Unlike other wires I have used, it twisted easily and didn't break and did exactly what I wanted it to do.  In this LO I used Swarovski crystal beads that I had on hand, but you can use any type of bead you like to make your creations.  The other great thing about the  D-Lish wire is the fact that it comes in so many different colours - you can check out the selection here.


I then added my title, which is creative cut script word  used straight from the package.  (I ummmed and ahhhed a lot about whether I should do more with it, but in the end decided it could stay white - for now)
 
 
I then decided the LO needed something more and thought that the heart creative cuts would be perfect - the only problem was I didn't have anything to back them with (and I so desperately wanted to back them).  This is where it is a good thing that I don't stick ANYTHING down until I have a really good idea where I want things to go.  In the end - I simply lifted the photo up and cut out two pieces big enough to back the hearts with matching paper.  (Shhhhhhh - don't tell anyone there is a big hole in the back of my LO - it can be our secret.) I think they look great.  I then stuck a whole bunch of little star sequins from the all over the LO.  These little stars were from the clearance section, but other sequins can be found here.
 
 
 
I hope you like my LO and once again, I hope I have inspired you to try something new.  I would love for you to try out the wire and bead technique with the D-Lish wire and let me know what you think.  It is a lot of fun and you can be as wild as you want to be. 
 
Till next time - take care and happy scrapping.
 
Hugs
Anthea
xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment