Sunday, April 23, 2017

"Our Sweet Boy" by Gwen Wruck

Hello again creative friends,  I hope you are all well!!  

Gwen here today to share with you a layout of our sweet kitten Ferris.



This layout started with the hexagon background cut file and some paper scraps in pink and yellow shades; I have been hoarding these forever and was on a mission to use them up.  I also had this cute little Crate paper element of a kitty cat and it was so cute I had to use it! I love pink and yellow as a colour combo, problem is, our cat is a boy!!!  This is one of those moments when you realise you have chosen colours because you like them and NOT because they fit your photo! - whoops!!  So... what to do??  Well, I thought, why not document his sweet nature.  He may be a boy but he is the sweetest, loving little thing, so affectionate and tolerant of Miss 10 who sometimes forgets he is a kitten!!  




As I often do, I went about building up my paper layers for my photo mat first and included one of the 5x7 paper bags,  these are always a great start to a page.  I simply added my paper scraps together until I was happy with my layers. I then went about looking for extra elements to round out the layout.  I found this sweet Journal pack piece from the Past Kit Bits section of the website which was the perfect yellow to match my pattern papers and I knew I also had this Sequin Bow in a really bright shade of yellow that would be a perfect fit. 


I also wanted to add some Wood Veneer - it's no secret that I love adding these elements to my pages, and I especially love the tone of the wood in the D-lish store, no need to add paint if you don't want to, they are perfect as they are.  I also had the co-ordinating Flair to the journal piece and the cute little Bitty Bow Clip - I simply slid it off the clip part to make an adorable bow tie for my kitty image. 




Next, it was time to add some flower clusters, I love the softness of the Fantasy Blooms and the Tea Roses are really nice to add into clusters for interest, they are the perfect sized smaller flower. To avoid any confusion with the whole "he is a boy" thing, I decided on the title "Our Sweet Boy" using the puffy Alphas and of course some Enamel Dots and that's the layout complete.

D-lish products used:



thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment