Tuesday, April 4, 2017

"Memories Of You" by Anthea

Hi all. 
 
Firstly let me say how very excited I am to be a part of the new design team here at D-lish. To be given the opportunity to spend another term here is one that I am extremely grateful for.  I look forward to getting my hands dirty and sharing my creations with you all again.  I also look forward to getting to know the new team.  If they are as great as the last one (which I am sure they are) it is going to be another fun six months. 
 
Without further ado, here is my first LO this month. 
 
 
I was totally inspired by the absolutely gorgeous "Pretty in Pink" JAP kit from last month and decided to use it as my basis for my LO.  Those who got the kit will see not everything on my page is from the kit, but it was a great start and I added bits here and there.
 
If you know me, you will notice that I ventured away from my usual white background.  I still don't know how I feel about that, but hey, sometimes you just have to mix things up!!!  I did soften the page with slaps of white paint here and there. 
 
My grandfather was lucky enough to find love a second time around after my Grandmother died.  Here he is with his second wife, who we referred to lovingly as Grandma Margaret.  We loved her dearly, as did Grandpa, and I think we were all very lucky to have her in our lives and I wanted to do a LO showcasing them.   
 
I wasn't sure what colours to use to begin with, but decided the pink and green was a perfect way to brighten these photos up without overwhelming them.  I then backed my photo with a D-lish doily (because they are one of my favourite go to products to use on any LO).  To create a little texture I added these gorgeous tassels from the kit which I think are so soft and pretty and fun to use.  You can get other tassels here.
 
 
I then added a cluster full of pink goodness.  I combined a pink resin frame, a wild rose and cut up journal-its from the JAP kit.  There are lots of other journal-Its here to choose from, if you are looking for different colours.  The pink twine is actually from the packaging of the JAP kit and I simply wrapped it around a glass bottle which has a little message hidden inside, the little bottle is from a past kit bit.  If you are looking for other coloured twine, you can find it here
 
 
I then decided the LO was a little too tidy for me, so I 'grunged' it up a little by ripping and tearing in just a few spots.  Then to pretty it back up again; I used some gorgeous white doilies to peak out from behind the tears.
 
I finished off with my title, made simply from puffy alphabet stickers; they are so easy to use and come in so many colours.  I love them.  I then stuck pink pearls and resin flowers from the kit all over my LO.....because I could!  I kept my journaling simple with strip journaling. 
 
 
Well that is it for now. 
 
I hope you like my LO.  Thanks again Amanda for having me for another term - I look forward to creating and showing off D-lish's gorgeous products.
 
Till next time.
Take care.
 
Anthea
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment