Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Heart And Soul" by Julianne McKenna

Well, hello there! It's nice to meet you. I'm Julianne McKenna (otherwise known as Jules The Bling Princess) and I'm honoured to say I am now part of the D-lish Scraps Design Team. I'll be sharing my creations with you every month, as well as joining in the monthly challenges and cyber crops (you can find all those details in The Scrap Suite). 


Today, I am sharing my "Heart And Soul" layout. For those who don't know me, I'm a fussy cutting, flowers and bling, and journalling thrown in, kind-of-scrapper. I love pretty things, so I went to town with lots of different flowers from the D-Lish Scraps store. I started with a pink Wild Rose, that wasn't quite the right shade of colour. So, I decided to fix it with a couple of different coloured Glimmermist sprays. I've used Oriental Poppy on the bottom petals, and Pink Poodle on the tops petals. The result is a beautiful dark coral/pink/orange mix. 
Hmmm... I might have to do this more often. 


I have also added starflowers, mini roses, and hydrangea petals to my layout. I have added a clear crystal rhinestone brad through the centre of the hydrangea petals, and finished with a little Kindy Glitz for sparkle. 



I also love layering - and that is where paper doilies are so handy and versatile. They can be used to add an extra dimension, and when needed, they can be coloured to match your papers (keep an eye out for this - on a future layout coming soon). 


And who said butterflies needed rhinestones for a centre? Mini roses work just as well. 
I have created my layout using Kaisercraft papers, and chipboard alphas from Bella! I have hand drawn a stitched border and journaled around the edges of the layout using a white Posca pen. The alphas have been high-lighted with Glossy Accents for added shine. 

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask - I will happily answer all questions. 

Thank-you for allowing me to share my creation with you today, and don't forget to do the same with your creations over in The Scrap Suite on Facebook

Happy crafting!

Julianne. xxx




4 comments: