Saturday, April 8, 2017

Currently Obsessed | Michelle Stokes

Hello D-lish friends! I'm super excited to be hanging around here for a few more months! My Facebook memories reminded me of a post recently that I had shared back in the day when D-lish had both a Design Team and an Inspiration Team... we go way back... Hopefully you're all still finding my creations inspiring 😉 any hoo, lets get onto the sharing part..


Todays layout is focused on a challenge from last months Cyber Crop, set by Belinda. Its almost time for a new crop weekend, so I thought I'd share something to remind everyone that there's still time to participate.. Belinda's challenge was to create a layout centred around a list. I chose to document all of the things that Leila has recently been obsessed with, and upon writing this post I've realised I spelt obsessed wrong on my list lol I can never remember whether its 2 x ss or 1 s then 2... 

I started the page with my list, using some notepaper from a pad and a sharpie. I then trimmed the paper down and stapled it to some pattern paper from Cocoa Vanilla Studio to create a clip board, just without the clip. Using other pattern papers from the same collection (Make a Wish) I created a grid design pattern for the photo and clipboard list to sit over. I also added machine stitching for a little added detail. Next was the really fun part, embellishing with goodies from the D-lish Store

Here's some close ups, along with extra details on the pretty clusters..


This cluster definitely contains quite a few of my favourites, most of which make an appearance on nearly all of my layouts. Pastel petals, forget me not's, glitter enamel dots, stamens, Journal its, a Flair button and a new Bitty bow clip. Oh and a pretty chipboard star from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio collection I've used.

Here's a closer look at the list and photo 😍 I've tucked a doily in under all the layers, something I haven't been doing as regularly as I used to. I may have gone a little overboard with them for a while lol

Just a mini cluster over to the top right, also containing repetition of paper flowersenamel dotsstamens, a Flair button, another chipboard star from Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and a Journal it ticket popping out from the top of the photo..

Lastly I worked on this pretty corner of the layout. I had already pre planned what I thought I might do, so the frame was sewed down when the other paper squares were in the beginning. Inside the frame I've grouped together a Journal it circle, more flowers (I'm obsessed I can't help it!) another pretty Flair button, some stamensenamel dots, an ombre wordfetti strip and a chipboard speech bubble sticker from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.

That's all from me today. I hope you've enjoyed this creation, and its inspired you in some way!
Be sure to share your D-lish creations with us in The Scrap Suite, or by using the #dlishscraps on Instagram. We love seeing what you create! 

Until Next time, Happy Scrapping!


No comments:

Post a Comment