Friday, March 24, 2017

"You Shine" by Gwen Wruck

Hi D-lish friends,

Gwen back on the blog today with a pretty special share.  This photo has been kicking around my scrap room for years!!!  For years, I have been trying and trying to get it scrapped, trying it with a heap of colour combos but it never made it to the final layout as it was switched out with another photo.  The problem was the gold in the tutu... it's a bit of a mustard gold colour and I could never find a good fit, it's also of my sweet little Miss when she loved Ballet.  She has since stopped ballet and I am still quite devastated about it, so this layout brings me a lot of joy and takes me back to a time when she loved it.

I'm telling you all this because I want you to know that not every page turns out perfectly, things rarely go to plan when I scrap, especially when the photo is particularly meaningful... I've just learned to go with the flow, switch out some things and work with what I have that is working and eventually, everything will fall into place :)



 I have used a bunch of D-lish goodies here including the felt heart doilies which I crazy adore!  This one has an acetate overlay layered on top and stitched into place.  There is also a mix of different resin embellishments which are always the perfect finishing touch to a layout.




I know you all know how I love bows... #allthebows #bowadict... and this layout uses this lovely Gingham bow - the black was a surprising addition but I think it really makes the page pop!  I've also added some Wood Veneer as I love the soft colour of these hearts.


You can also see here the TuTu bloom - So soft and delicate and really fit with the tutu theme of my page and some of the pretty paper layers and stitching.  


One more close up, stitching, paper layers and Enamel dots... all in my signature style.

D-lish products used:



thanks for popping by today
Gwen
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment