Sunday, March 19, 2017

"Love You" by Anthea

Hello all.  This is my last share with you as part of the current design team here at D-lish scraps.  I would like to take this opportunity to say thanks so much for having me.  I have had a blast working along side such a beautiful and talented group of ladies who I have come to call friends - led of course by the lovely Amanda.  
 
This layout, I would have to say, is inspired by my fellow DT member Nicolee. To say I love her work is an understatement.  The colour and texture in her work is amazing and every time I see a LO of hers, I just want to touch it.  I hope you get a similar feeling looking at mine.
 
 
This LO is all about the background (other than the photos of course) and I went to town with this.  I used the abstract wave stencil and a gelato to create the green waves. I then used some gold texture paste with another D-lish stencil, that I got from a past JAP kit, and dried that with my heat gun to make it bubble and pop.  I then sprinkled sequins over my LO and stuck on a few resin glitter dots and some mini rosebuds to create even more texture. 
 
 
I then added my photos, matted with a piece of patterned paper I found in my 'left over bits box' and a few little pieces of washi tape and popped in a gorgeous gold doily for good measure.
 
 
 
I then simply added a title and a couple of cute little bird charms and a little cabochon to tie it all together.  I was going to put a little something on the cabochon, but decided to leave it as it is for now.  I can always add something later if I want.  ;)
 
 
I really love how this LO came together.  Green and gold are not my usual colours, but for some reason I think they work with these photos of my parents on Christmas day.  Actually now that I think about it - the background is really imitating the Christmas tree in the background of the photo of my Mum.  My subconscious must have done that because it was certainly not intentional. 
 
Thank you to each and everyone of you for your support to me here at D-lish and for all your kind comments on my creations over the last 6 months.  Until next time - have fun and take care. 
 
Hugs
Anthea
xo
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your background Anthea. It's been nice to see you scrapping again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks...I really appreciate your kind words Judith.

    ReplyDelete