Sunday, February 19, 2017

"Sweet Crazy Girl" by Anthea

Hi all.
 
It is me again.  Hope you are all well and well and truly settled in to the year.  I can't believe how quickly the year is flying by.  It is crazy that it is almost the end of February - next thing we know it will be Easter. 
 
Speaking of crazy - I thought I would share a layout that I have done of my gorgeous (at least I think so) girl.  These photos were from her birthday a couple of years ago where I set up a bit of a photo wall for her and her friends to have some fun with. 
 
I love so many of the shots that I got this day and I have been wanting to scrap them for ages, but always steered away from them because I was not sure how I was going to scrap all of those colours. Sure, I could have easily turned the photos into black and white, but the colour in them is part of what I love about them.   Having a good look at my box of D-Lish goodies, I realised I had such a huge collection of different coloured embellishments and I should try incorporating them all, or at least a whole lot of them. This is what I came up with. 

 
There are so many D-lish goodies on this LO that I am really not sure where to start. 
 
The background is made of different coloured inks applied with stamps and through a bunch of stencils.  The green hearts and the blue dots are both stencils from D-lish.   I have once again used a doily and punchinella to back my photos and added in part of a journal it paint chip tab for a bit of extra colour. 
 
I then went slightly wild adding bits of this and bits of that which I thought worked.  I added 3 different washi tapes (all from D-lish JAP kits), glitter dots, sequins (both regular and mini star ones), forget-me-nots, mini rosebuds, a resin heart and part of a pip berry stem to this part of the LO.
 
 
To the bottom half of the LO, I added some more flowers (including my favourite wax blossoms) ,  sequins and glitter dots, and another strip of the pip berry stem with some coloured wire and TWO tassels
 
 
To balance it all out, I created another cluster with yet more flowers and sequins (the mini stars are easier to see here), another resin heart, a flair button and a bitty bow clip which have recently come back into stock in the shop and are selling quickly. 
 
My title as you can see is made up of chipboard words (just coloured with ink) and some puffy alphabet stickers. 
 
 
All in all, I am pretty happy with how this LO turned out.  It is, in my mind, as sweet and crazy as my girl!  I hope you like it too and that I have given you some inspiration to go and create something equally as crazy.
 
Have fun.
 
Hugs
 
Anthea
xo
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment