Monday, February 13, 2017

so many reasons to smile - Nicolee Cable


Hey there everyone. 
Welcome to the D-lish blog for another week.

Today I'd like to challenge you to 
try something out of your comfort zone.
I've tried a few things on this layout that I don't normally do
but I'm happy with how it turned out:

Firstly, I've used a black cardstock for the background,
secondly, the design is organised and geometric
and I've not used any ink or mixed media (ok, I just had to add some random
metallic paint dots, I just couldn't help myself!)

I thought I'd give it a go and here is what I created!


I cut up a strip of the 'journal it's' to use for a title as well as journalling. 


I wrapped the coloured wire around the flair and found the stamens 
looked really cute just placed under the flair too. 
I glued them first and then stuck the flair on top.
The mini star is from one of the D-lish JAP kits, it's so super cute!!


What actually inspired me to go with the geometric design was this squared chipboard
shape.  I cut out little strips of patterned paper to place behind the squares.
Sometimes I find it's just a little thing that inspires the whole design of a layout.


This squared shape is actually not very long so I chopped it in 
half so it would reach out from each side of the photo.
I'm a thrifty scrapper and try and make things stretch so I 
really get value for money! :)




 Here's a shot of the layered patterned paper geometric shapes.



 Such a terrible photo of me, but I love it because it's a rare shot of all of us back together
for Christmas 2016, so it was really important to me to scrap it anyway.
After all, it's not always all about me ey! :)


Here is a list of all the D-lish products I have
used for this layout:


Thanks for looking my friends and I hope you 
have been inspired to get out of your comfort zone!

Don't forget to pop on over to the D-lish store
and grab some really cute embellishments to add to your next creation.

We are also have a cyber crop that you can join in and be inspired by the challenges -
the prize is awesome too, so please give it a go!

Have a wonderful week 
and take care.

Nic 
xxxxx


No comments:

Post a Comment