Saturday, February 4, 2017

"Hugs" by Anthea

Hi all.
 
Me again.  Hope you are doing well!? 
 
I am sharing with you a Christmas LO this week.  As much as I love Christmas, I don't do many Christmas LOs as for some reason I find these photos incredibly difficult to scrap. 
 
As you can see there is nothing traditionally "Christmassy" about this LO except that I have used a reddish colour as my base.  I struggled for a while trying to make this work as the colours were just not coming together.  In the end I went with a pink/red colour as my accent which brought it together beautifully - well I think so.
 

I used a doily as a background for my photo and literally just shuffled things around until it worked.
I knew without a doubt that I wanted to use the gorgeous flower die cuts I got in a JAP kit so I started by backing them with matching paper.  I found the washi tape from another JAP kit was a perfect accent, so I lay a strip of that down too. (Can you ever have too much washi tape?)
 
 
I then just played with some flowers and other embellishments until I had the look I was after.  I have used stamens, a variety of paper flowers, wood veneerchipboard, sequins and another diecut (which I simply coloured with Glimmer mist)
 
 
I then added a smaller, very simple cluster at the top of my LO to balance the LO a bit.
 
 
Only at the last minute did I add the title (using puffy alphabet stickers).  I was going to use the word 'Christmas', but in the end I thought to myself the LO was more about the kids getting along and that the strip journaling tells the story pretty well anyway....so I stuck with 'Hugs'. 
 
Hope you enjoy.  Don't forget to join us at the Scrap Suite if you are looking for some inspiration and fun challenges with great prizes.  There is also some new stuff in the store - there are new stencils, flowers, bows etc. - I would encourage you to check them out - they are gorgeous.
 
Till next time.
Take care.
 
Anthea


No comments:

Post a Comment