Monday, February 20, 2017

'Friends' by Belinda Griffin

Hi All,

Belinda back with you today to share a layout I've been intending to create ever since I came accross these adorable wood veneer embroidery hoops. I just knew I had to create a layout with them as the main feature and so this circluar layout was born.

I chose a variety of patterned papers for my backgrounds and then to back behind each of the embroidery hoops. I left one hoop free of paper, instead backing it with my photograph and centering it amongst the rest. 

I then created my title by sticking some alphas to the background and then going over the them with some gold medium. I went on to use the same gold medium to colour in some of the crosses on my background on the top left of the layout and around the title. 

For some extra colour I added pieces of a doily from a previous Just Add Paper Kit to the top and bottom with a couple of phrases from a wordfetti card at the top.
Finally, I added a few extra embellishments around my hoops- a magnolia flower, flair, sequin bow and resin bow with some scattered sequins for good measure.

Thanks for stopping by today
~ Belinda x


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous LO. I love how you have used the embroidery hoops. xo

    ReplyDelete