Tuesday, February 28, 2017

forevermore - by Nicolee Cable


Hi lovely D-lish followers.
Can you believe February is over?! Where did it go?

Well, I've been a little busy back at work and also creating. This post 
is about one of my layouts where I wanted to show you a couple of different things.

I've used the very cute February 'Fresh Cuts' Just Add Paper (JAP) kit 
(with a few little extras), which just screams summer, outdoors and beautiful fresh breezes!

Sometimes though I find that I have to use the elements
in the kits in different ways....and this is what I've come up with.


I've used a bitty bag to ground the photo
(they are wonderful for this) and cut up the journal cards to
use as features facing downwards rather than journalling on.

I've fashioned pip berry stems into
love hearts, a little one to the side and one that 
goes directly over the photo.
As yet, I haven't dated this page (because the photo is of my brother
and I need to ask him when it was), but I'm quite happy with just
leaving the date journal blank and looking cute as is. 



...I've also folded the doilie and stapled it down, instead
of just laying it flat, it's a cute feature.  I also had some of the pip berrys
come off the stem so I kept them and just had them poke out 
from behind the photo.  I always keep all my little
off cuts, it pays to never throw anything away!



...and to some of you, I may have committed the unpardonable
sin - but I just couldn't make the wood veneer bike work on this
layout, so I cut it up! :)

Sorry boss-lady!  

The bike basket made a very cute little shape, 
 upside down underneath the photo!
I'm pretty happy with how cute this looks and now I have two 
circle wood veneer embellishments that I 
can use on another layout too . 



Here is a list of all embellishments, from 
the JAP kit and also extras used:

JAP kit (bitty bows, journal pack, flair, lace daisy trim, resin flowers, 
veneer bicycle, cherry blossoms, washi tape, doilie, pip berry stem)
and a couple of my own extras.


Well, that's me done for another day and I hope I 
have inspired you to: 

1. visit the D-lish store (you'll love it)
2. buy JAP kits (you'll love them)
3. use embellishments in different, out-of-the-box ways (you'll love it)

Take care and enjoy the last day of February and summer.
Bring on Autumn is all I know! :)

Enjoy.

Nicolee xxxxx







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout - just used this kit on a Spring card. Also that photo is taken in Richmond Tasmania! Recognise that bridge anywhere.

    ReplyDelete