Wednesday, February 8, 2017

BeYOUtiful by Amanda Lawrence

Hello lovelies!

I'm taking over the blog today to share another of my recent creations. Yes ... sometimes I even get to scrap. Not so much this year ... yet ... but I do plan to rectify that this weekend! 

This layout is a photo of my daughter heading to her first school disco, she was so excited. Her dress is actually a fluro peach colour in real life so I used some vintage filters/edits to make it suit my papers more. 


I used lots of paper layers to build up my base which included a 5x7 chevron bag and a coloured paper doiley from the store. Someone once told me that with a great foundation any layout can be amazing and I find that to be so true. Once you get those initial layers down the rest just seems to fall in place. 


I used one of the veneer pieces from a past kit as my title. I always order in extras of these for purchase individually so even if you don't get our monthly JAP kits you can still grab a few bits and pieces when you're shopping. 
The chipboard is from Kinder Kreations which was given just a light coat of white gesso. I love using this effect on raw chipboard ... it gives it a really soft whitewashed look which goes perfectly with the more pastel colour schemes.


I've also used a selection of resin pieces, paper flowers and enamel dots from my stash. As you can imagine I've collected a lot of bits over the years so some are current while others are no longer available. We always have a extensive range of these types of things so there is always something similar available from the shop. 

You can find all the goodies I used on my layout in the shop here:


Thanks for stopping by!
Amanda x

No comments:

Post a Comment