Friday, January 20, 2017

'Relaxation' by Belinda Griffin

Hi All,

Belinda back with you today to share a bright, summery layout! Our weather here in Melbourne has been all over the place so a summer inspired layout with lots of colour seemed a great way to relish the hot days we are getting. So of course I had to pull out the fabulous Summer Squeeze just add paper kit- perfect embellishments for this layout! There's still a couple of these kits available so make sure you get your hands on one quickly HERE.

Because I wanted a bright, fun background I decided to do something a little different for me and create an abstract background with a mixture of mists, D-lish micro beads and sequin strands. I used the sunburst stencil from the JAP kit, covering all but one line in the sunburst to create random lines across my page in varying colours. The microbeads from the kit just happened to perfectly match one of the mists I had so after spraying I then added a little glue to some of the melon coloured areas, sprinkling the beads on thickly to add some texture to my background. 

  With such a busy background I chose not to mat my photo, simply adhering it to the background. I then used the wood veneer 'relax' from the JAP kit alongside some other alphas to complete my title. I then added embellishment clusters to diagonal corners of my layout, using the coloured hessian from the JAP kit to ground each cluster. I cut the hessian into heart shapes, adding in a fower, the little resin camera, a flair badge & the flamingo (adorable!) from the kit alongside other items from the store- wood veneer star, resin diamond, wood veneer heart, chipboard cameras and resin glitter dot. 
 
I then added a little penant flag to the top left corner (a piece of one of the tags from the printed tag pack), grounding the alphas showing the year the photo was taken. A final sprinkle of sequins and this fun, bright layout was complete!


The Just Add Paper kit made this layout so easy, if you have never purchased one seriously do it now! 

Thanks for stopping by today
~ Belinda x


1 comment:

  1. Looks amazing! Very different to your usual style. Well done

    ReplyDelete