Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Quad Bike Fun - by Anthea

Hi all and welcome to 2017.

I hope you all had a great Christmas and have rested as much as possible in the holiday season.  I have had some time off, but not a lot, so trying to fit some scrappy time in hasn't been as easy as I would have liked.  I did however manage a little bit of time to play.  (My darling daughter who requested D-Lish stuff for Christmas has been playing along side of me with her new goodies, which has been nice too.)

I have had this photo for ages of my hubby, kids, sister, brother-in-law and me when we went quad bike riding for the day, at Freycinet National Park in Tasmania, a couple of years ago.  (In case you are wondering - that's me to the right of the pic in the beige jacket.)  This was without a doubt one of the VERY best days of fun I have EVER had - not to mention the scenery we was was breathtaking.  We were all putrid at the end of it and could hardly move from our crazy driving, but my goodness it was so worth it and I would do it again tomorrow. 

I have always wanted to do a LO featuring this photo, but I guess I was always afraid that any LO I did wouldn't do the day justice - so I have always avoided it.  But for once I threw all caution to the wind and thought, "Come on Anthea - If you can ride around like a mad woman on a quad bike, you can scrap a picture!"


I started with lots of texture paste applied randomly through a stencil (D-lish has lots to choose from here) and then went a little wild with stamping.  I stamped with mainly black and red inks as I wanted my LO to be as grungy as possible.  I then laid down strips of washi tape (this one came from a JAP kit).  The wood veneer arrows also came from another recent JAP kit.


I then layered with bits and pieces that I think highlighted the photo.  I found cutting up D-lish cardfetti and paint chip tabs gave a hint of colour without overwhelming the LO. The 'happy day' tag is actually from a birthday themed cardfetti - but I think it works on my LO. I also added some die-cuts from a past JAP kit.  I left them white as I just wanted texture.

 I then decided my LO needed some extra colour, so I simply trimmed my edges and replaced them with strips of paper bags - I love how this turned out.


I then wanted to highlight my photo a bit more, so I framed it with some blue wire - bright but grungy - which I think works well. I then added my title with puffy alphabet stickers.  For my journaling I pulled out my trusty OLD dymo labeller - simply because I wanted black strips and this was the only way I could think of having that without using my own handwriting. 


Lastly came the enamel dots and flair button (this flair may seem an odd choice for this LO, but it was summer - as much as they have summer in Tassie!)



Well that is it for now.  I will share a few pics of my daughters creations in the scrap suite when I get a chance.  I encourage those of you with kids to let them get their hands dirty and create LOs of their own. It is fun to see their creations and the bonding is great fun.

I hope that 2017 is a great year for you all.


Till next time.
Hugs.
Anthea
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment