Friday, January 13, 2017

'love' by Nicolee

Happy Friday and 
Happy New Year!  
 
Wow, what exciting days we have ahead of us in 2017 and as much as I dislike change and challenges, I for one am looking forward to the adventures that are in store.
I hope you've all had a wonderful Christmas break and are rested and 
ready to get back into the swing of things in your world.

Hubby and I have had a much needed holiday so I've got quite a few happy snaps that I'm looking forward to creating with.  New photos always bring fresh inspiration I find, don't you?

The layout I am sharing with you today is of my
beautiful mum.  She is a strong woman, having lost my dad just 
3 years ago, and we are all so proud of how she has navigated this difficult journey.
One thing she has shown her children and grandchildren is that
"you are never to old to set another goal or to dream a new dream".
 
I started this layout by deciding what coloured papers I wanted 
and went through my D-lish stash and pulled out embellishments that were 
peach, light pink, white and olive.  I find if I have options in front of me then I 
can add or remove pieces as I go.
(Unfortunately the photos of the embellishments that
I gathered were not in good light, so I will just give you close ups 
of the finished product).

I arranged my papers first, cutting some circles from random
papers and then, using the gold pattern already
embossed in the paper, making the most of the design and 
doing some fussy cutting to highlight the design.

I pulled out some embellishments from my JAP (Just Add Paper) kit for 
December 'Peaches & Cream' and also added some pink and beige papers.  
I then added some left over journal bits from previous JAP kits and 
a gold bitty bag.



By the way, if you've never had a JAP kit before 
you should get in there and grab one.  They sell out fast, 
so make sure you're on the ball at the beginning of the month
or even better, become a subscriber and save yourself the stress of missing out!

Look at this inspiration board image below, Amanda consistently pulls 
together amazing colours, textures and embellishments which make
creating a layout super easy.  All the hard work is done for you!



 Here are the close-ups of the finished layout.

I added sequins (mine were not from the store but you will find lots of sequins here),
enamel hearts/stars and the stamen from the JAP kit - you can
find similiar items in the store here.

There was a lovely script washi tape in the JAP kit and I've just ripped up
little bits of it here and there.
You will also see I have used Colour Blast paste 
with the love heart stencil, but not in the background.
I wanted it to pop a little more than a 
background feature so I have left it until the final steps and have randomly
 textured over the top of the papers, making them pop and shimmer.
The olive doilie was the perfect colour for this
layout.  You will find some beautiful doilie colours in the store.
Then I added the kraft flair button which just matched perfectly.
Don't you love the resin shapes , the diamond in particular and then 
there are those gorgeous resin flowers!
The die-cut flowers and leaves are from the JAP kit.  I also used a mix
I love the colour they bring to layouts, I can't go without using them these days.

 

The wood veneer frames are just the perfect size for most photos
but if not, you can trim down the photo and no-one
would ever know!  There are also some cool wood veneer shapes.


Are you are part of the FB group 'The Scrap Suite" yet?
Why not join us over there, I'm looking forward to seeing what you create.

Well, today's my last day of holidays, I have really enjoyed having some time off
with my family but all good things must come to an end unfortunately.

I will chat with you soon. 
Take care and happy scrapping. 

Nic xx





1 comment: