Tuesday, January 10, 2017

"First Day" by Malinda Gardner

Malinda here with a page I created recently about the day all three of my kids were all at school.

Trying to keep it a bit more simple with this page, and I wanted to use lots of embellishments and lots of colour.



Of course by now you know I love my backgrounds; I don't use a lot of patterned paper, so I have to alter the cardstock I use. I love templates or stencils but I also love using other things as templates. One thing I love to use are large chipboard pieces. Using the negative of the chipboatrd gives me a template I can use over and over again.

Have you seen the new Kinder Kreations laser cut chipboards? Designed by Jo Kinder, they are very funky and available in the D-lish store.

 So I decided to use the Squared Cubed chipboard as a template.


I took out all the chipboard pieces and used a white Dylusions spray to create the background. Don't worry the chipboard pieces will be used on several layouts in the coming weeks (Jan 25 to be specific :))

I ripped open the In My Heart Just Add Paper kit, planning on only using the large white flower, but when I opened it I loved everything in it LOL so I used it all. It all works sooooo wonderfully together; I just kept adding more and more to my page.

I started with some rough ripped strips of washi tape with the two of the journalling bits from the kit; the memories card at one end (which I cut so as not to waste part of it hidden under the photo) and the xoxo tag at the other end, and under the Remember This tag.



Next I threaded the pip berry stems and twisted it so it flowed across the page.


I then added my other embellishments. Flowers, large and small, fabric, paper and resin flowers. Then the raw wood veneer hearts. I LOVE raw elements on my pages. I feel like it grounds the page, sounds silly hey. I also like how the raw elements stand out on their own without being coloured.

A few sequins, a bit of journalling and a date stamp and I'm done.


What do you think? Would love to hear what you think of my page...

Mal xxx

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your page Mal,love the black cardstock with very cool back ground!!

    ReplyDelete