Thursday, January 19, 2017

Always - by Anthea

Hi all. 

How is the new year treating you so far?  Hopefully well.  I hope you are finding time to do the things that you love most. 

I have been busy doing not a lot of anything - but I still have found some time to sit and scrap.  This LO was going to be my entry for Anita's cybercrop challenge last month, but I was a little late with it so I thought I might share it here.  The challenge was a colour challenge using the colours, copper, blush, black and white. 

Whilst I found the colour combo absolutely stunning - I will admit I found it very hard to work with.  I will also say I am still not sure what colour blush was meant to be. I went with a pale pinky/orangey colour - I think it is close. 

This LO is especially important to me as it is a picture of my Nonna (Grandmother), who we sadly lost a few years ago.  My Nonna was an amazing woman with an amazing life. 

There are many stories to tell about my Nonna, but in this LO I wanted to focus on the fact that she will always be loved and never forgotten.  She will live on forever, through us.

This LO didn't come together quickly.  I moved things around a lot. I opted not to go grungy with this LO - so a stencil and texture paste were as messy as I got with this one.  I think/hope you can see that there is a bit of an ombre effect going on with the stencil design!?  I will tell you that that was a happy accident - who knew paint not washed off a stencil properly could turn out so pretty?
After I got my background right, I added a doiley as a backing to the photo to soften it. The copper wire was just to add a bit of texture (and the oh so important copper colour that was required for the challenge).  I then just added a bunch of flowers from D-lish that I thought would work. The main flowers are from a Green Tara Azalea pack and I used my favourite wax blossoms and roses to fill the spaces.

I used a heap of goodies from the peaches and cream JAP kit.  The sequin bow, the journal tag, the washi tape, the wooden hearts and flair button all came from there.  The resin flowers in this LO were just some I had lying around, but you can get heaps of similar ones from here.

 The wooden heart frame was a perfect backing to my title - I had originally planned on colouring it copper, but decided I really liked it raw.  Lastly, but not least (in my mind anyway), I added the copper sequins.

I hope you like my LO and I encourage you to check out the scrap suite for lots more challenges.  This month, if you play along, you could win one of five of this kit.  I adore the colours in this and would love to have one of these of my own. I hope you do play along and I look forward to seeing what you create. 

Till next time.
Take Care.
Anthea


 

No comments:

Post a Comment