Monday, January 23, 2017

Adore You by Amanda Lawrence

Hello!

It's back to school here this morning in QLD and I have to say ... I'm enjoying the peace and quiet already. Don't get me wrong, I love my kids like crazy but a little 'alone' time is certainly appreciated after 6 weeks of holidays.

I am here today to share a layout I made recently. It's a selfie of my girl and I on one of our special mummy-daughter days.


I knew I wanted to use the 'Adore You' wood veneer from a past 'Just Add Paper' kit that I had. This one ended up in my stash as the 'e' snapped off in transit. Wood veneer is so easy to glue back together if this ever happens and to be honest ... you can't even tell! 


I added lots of paper layers for visual interest and also included one of the 6" lace doilies. I add one of these to nearly every page lately. They are so pretty and delicate and not like any other paper doiley I have seen. My date is on a Journal Its Polka Dot Date tab which also adds another layer.


I used a variety of paper flowers from the store, some still available, some are older but there is still a huge range to choose from in a stack of colours. They really are a staple in my stash and go on pretty much any creation. 
I also added some resin flowers and enamel dots for some variety in textures. 


The memories tab is from a past kit also but again, there are plenty of alternatives in the store from the Journal Its range that would achieve the same look. 
A final go to embellishment is of course a flair button ... a layout just isn't complete without one!

You can find the items I used for my page (or a good alternative) on our website in these places:


Thanks for stopping by, I hope you find some inspiration in my share for today!
Amanda x

2 comments: