Friday, December 2, 2016

"Merry Christmas", by Amanda H

Happy December, D-lish fans!

Time for some Christmas layouts? YES!

Last month, I got the special Christmas edition Just Add Paper Kit, "Festive Wishes". I opened it and quickly and easily made this page. I am sure we all agree on just how easy it is to create a page with these fabulous little kits. If you head over to the store, you will see the new December kit, "Peaches and Cream" is now on sale - don't miss out!


So here is my page:


I started with some patterned paper in a light turquoise, and I really liked the little triangles, which reminded me of Christmas trees in a line! I used the star stencil from the kit and some Colour Blast paste to create the stars on the background that run diagonally behind the photos. These stencils are such a great bonus in the Just Add Paper Kits, as they can be used again and again. If you are keen to see the range of stencils in the D-lish Scraps store, here is the link: Stencils.

In these close ups, you can see all the details of how I used the different elements of the Just Add Paper Kit.

Here are the stars created with the stencil, along with a sprinkle of wood veneer stars and sequins that came with the JAP kit.


I coloured the "Merry Christmas" in the same colour as the stars on the background, and added a layer of dimensional magic to it, for some shine.

I love the silver foil on the flair in this kit, although it is hard to see the shine in these photos!


I layered the Journal Its from the kit, and the peg and twine that came on the outside of the kit to hold it all together. Layering the beautiful resin flowers, cute present resin as well as more of the wood veneer stars and sequins, finishes this cluster perfectly.
 
Even if you missed out on this Festive Wishes Kit, and you need to add to your stash, you can find...
Resin flowers HERE
Journal Its HERE
Wood veneer HERE
D-lish flair buttons HERE


Thanks for looking today!
Amanda

 

No comments:

Post a Comment