Sunday, December 4, 2016

Love this - by Anthea

 Hi all again.

Wow - who can believe we are already in December?  I don't know about you, but the year has gone by in a flash for me.  The year started off as a big blur working in a new job (full time) and doing a post grad course in my spare time.  I honestly thought I would never find time to scrap book again - and yet here I am sharing yet another LO with you all.

This month I have had a lot of fun getting downright messy - which is probably my favourite style of scrapbooking.  I love mixed media and I love lots of colour and layers on my LOs.  I admit that often my LOs don't end up looking anything like what I had envisioned and this drives me somewhat mad at times.  To prevent further madness this month, I decided to go ahead and create with no plan in mind!!!!

This LO started with some bright coloured paints, texture paste and a D-lish stencil (this Moroccan tile stencil is getting a work out for sure).  Once all this dried - I picked my photo.  This photo of my daughter and her 'cousin' at Easter worked for me.  I really didn't overthink this at all.  I was literally just wanting to have some fun.
 
 
 I then built up my layers; a doily here, some punchinella there.  A bit of gauze here and a homemade paperbag doiley there.  I literally took a brightly coloured paper bag and cut out the shapes and title on my Big Shot.  To give the title a little more substance - I simply cut out the same words with some cardstock and glued it to the back.  I was going to lay the words flat - but decided they looked better on an angle.  I also added some enamel shapes to give some more texture.
 
 
I then just picked out some of my favourite D-lish goodies that I thought worked with the photo.   I will admit - I have a slight obsession with sequin bows right now.  My daughter may also have said to me the other day. "Mum - do you ever do a LO without flowers on it?"  I do apologise for being so boring.  ;)
 
 
I then just added some sequins in colours that I thought would work and a cute Easter Flair button and a resin heart to finish it off.  I wanted journaling on this LO and in a real leap of faith, used my own hand writing. I don't love it....but hey?  Sometimes you just have to go with it. 
 
 
I really like how this LO has come together and am already looking forward to getting messy again. 
 
 
Thanks for looking and, as usual I hope I have inspired you in at least some small way to go forward and create. 
 
Till next time.
Take Care.
 
Anthea
xo
 



No comments:

Post a Comment