Thursday, December 22, 2016

Christmas Cards by Charmane Koch

WOW! Can you believe there's only a few days left of the year?

Christmas is coming up SO quick - and I must admit I haven't been getting into the Christmas spirit as I usually do, which is sad, even the kids have noticed it! 

I've been trying to squeeze in some creative time and have been really struggling, however, I do have a couple of weeks off and I plan to MAKE SURE that I make time to play & RELAX for a change! 

Anyway, I usually try to make some Christmas Cards every year, and hopefully I will get to send them out! HAHA!

When I saw the Christmas "Festive Wishes" JAP kit I KNEW that I had to have it, and had planned to scrapping a page or two, but instead I thought why not make some Cards using it...


To create my cards I used the gorgeous White Paper Doilies as the base for each. I folded them over and glued down - I love how part of the doily is on the back of the card.

This would be my favourite card out of the 3 that I made - Love the Pink + Silver + White colour combo with the Merry Christmas Wood Veneer.

I positioned all the gorgeous bits from the kit until I thought it looked balanced and looked *right*.
I added an extra Silver Sequin Bow which was in my stash as well.


How pretty are the colours in this kit? I love how they are non-traditional colours.

This card I used the Foil Deer card positioning so that it wasn't perfectly straight. Again I have layered the embellishments until I was happy with the positioning. The Wood Veneer Stars I coloured using Silver Gelatos.


This last Card I made I decided to cluster the embellishments along the inner circle of the doily - I layered all of the different embellishments to create interest...


I started with the Festive Wishes Flair {set of 3 still available in the shop!} and working around I missed it up with the Paper Flowers, Journalling Bits, Sequin Bow {this was extra from my stash}...


Then mixed it up with the different Paper Flowers & Resin Flowers, making sure they were all different types sizes as I went along...

Did you notice that I have used the "Festive Wishes" tag & the Silver Glitter & white string is from the packaging? Don't throw them out! These can be used too!


SO, have you used YOUR Festive Wishes Kit yet? Do you make your own cards?

Why not have a play and make some with the kit!

I hope I have inspired you & wish you all a VERY Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year!

Stay Safe!

XO Charmane












No comments:

Post a Comment