Tuesday, December 13, 2016

...a not so 'merry christmas' by Nicolee Cable


Hi everyone!
I hope you're all travelling well as we close off 2016...
can you believe it's nearly Christmas!!

Today I've chosen to show you a layout
 which, even though it looks pretty and happy,
 is of one of the saddest times in my family's lives.
Little did we know, when this photo was taken of my sister and I
that we would loose our dad only a matter of days later, just before Christmas.
It was actually at this breakfast get together (as my sister was visiting from
overseas at the time) that we were told he had gone into hospital.
So it's not a happy pic to scrap but it's an important time in 
my family's journey which I need to capture and never want to forget.

So on to the actual layout itself - I chose to use the JAP Festive Wishes kit
 as did Michelle on yesterdays post.  Don't you love how versatile
these kits are and how diverse the layouts can look!
It is such a beautiful palette and I think I love it more because it's 
not traditionally Christmas colours.

I was inspired by a 'boho' round floor rug for the round design
and have not used ink, paint or texture paste at all!  It's actually quite a 
simple layout with just patterned paper and the D-lish embellishments.


Here are some close-ups of my round layout (cause - why not!)




I love how you can rip and tear washi tape and use it in so 
many ways, here I've used it as strips on the 'rug'. 
I also chose to use the flair button a little differently, it was just by
chance that I could turn this flair upside down and use those words as well.


Here is a list of all the lovely D-lish goodies from the kit
and if you missed out you can find similar product in the store:

string from the packaging




So don't forget, scrapping is not always all about the good memories
but also capturing everything that is precious and sometimes
painful to you and your family.  Cherish and love them especially 
as we celebrate this coming season.

I would like to wish you all a wonderfully Merry Christmas
and a safe and prosperous 2017 to you and the ones you love.  

All my love
Nic x


4 comments:

  1. Nicolee there is such a sad story to your photo and I'm so sorry for your loss. Your creation is stunning. Whilst it was such a sad time I hope your memories of your dad are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Nicolee, what a beautiful LO, but such a sad story to have to tell. I honestly believe your Dad lives on in your hearts. May you all have a beautiful Christmas. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am really happy to read this website posts which contains lots of valuable facts, thanks for providing these statistics.

    Cat5e Cable For Telephone

    ReplyDelete