Sunday, November 13, 2016

'you + me' by Nicolee Cable



Good morning lovely people!!!

Put your glasses on, cause today is all about METALLICS!!

I think you'll be surprised with how many 
metallic embellies D-lish has over at their store - or
how many things you can tweak and 
put a metallic twist on.


First of all, I found this really cute 
wrapping paper at the two dollar shop, 
bright hot pink metallic polka-dots - gorgeous ey!
How could I pass that up?
I decided I wanted to use it for my background,
so after doing some random border punching 
I backed it on some white card stock. 

I gathered all my D-lish supplies
that caught my eye with their bling (or had the potential
to be metallically altered).

You'll see in my D-lish pile below, I've pulled out:

silver wash tape (love, love, love!)
black & mint punchinella 
pink doilie (I think I've used one of the mini 3" ones)
wood veneer ampersand and embroidery hoop
flowers (I've used magnolias, poppies & wax blossoms)
pink wire (it's so flexible, great to work with!)
flair (you + me - which became my title)



First, I stamped with some
silver and mint paint with bubble wrap
(setting the metallic scene)...


...then I painted some flowers, an old button, an old gift tag
and the wood veneers with silver paint...


...the punchinella looks funky painted silver
and how could I go past staples...



...after all the paint had dried, 
I had fun clustering the gorgeous 
D-lish embellishments...


...the little stamens in the middle of the flowers
look amazing with that touch of silver don't you think?
Loving the gorgeous blingy gray sequin bow popping 
out from behind them...


...the wire wraps around things so easily,
 it's so good to work with, you've got to get some!


...love a little splash of metallic paint...


...it's hard to capture in photos but I've randomly
used silver washi tape around the edges of the
layout, it just looks funky 
(bottom left corner of the photo)...


...and that's the process I followed to create
this really fun layout!

I love the fact that the light just bounces off the 
metallic polka dots,
there are so many wonderful 
facets to working with metallics!

I'd love to see you give it a try and top it off 
with some incredibly beautiful
D-lish goodness!


One final tip from me:

I don't always like to have a lot of journalling
on my layouts, but when I would like to include
it - I pop it on the back!


Have a wonderful Sunday,
happy creating and I'll catch you next time!

Take care
Nic xx




1 comment:

  1. love this Nicolee!!! great elements and mixed media for a super picture with great memories :)

    ReplyDelete