Friday, November 4, 2016

Star by Anthea

Hi All.

It's me again. 

Hope you are all doing well!?

I am happy to say I have done quite a bit of scrapping this month and a lot of my scrapping has been inspired by the October cybercrop challenges on the Scrap Suite.  The LO I am sharing with you today was my take on Jaimie's challenge (challenge 4) here.



Jaimie's challenge was to use black as your base of your LO with gold and one other colour.  I am fairly certain you can see my other colour is aqua.

 I chose a fairly simple photo of my gal, from her birthday last year and decided that my new star stencil and gold texture paste would be a perfect background for this LO.  I carried the star theme on by using the gold star punchinella and by using these gorgeous (yet ever so fiddly) little star sequins, which I found in the clearance section.  The sequins are actually a yellowy/gold colour but the way they reflect the light gives some of them an aqua colour which is really very pretty IRL.  The aqua tassel added some extra colour to the LO.


Now none of my flowers were the right colour for this LO so I grabbed a bottle of gold glimmer mist and went to town on my beige flowers ( I used a wax blossom and wild rose) . I also added some  stamens to create texture and of coloured them gold to suit.  A flair button which I got in a JAP kit was a good addition.

 
I fell in love with these gorgeous felt doiley heart as soon as I saw them. The colour range is really good and I think they work perfectly at the back of a cluster.  As you can see, I cut mine into two to use it as a backing for two of my clusters.   The puffy alpha stickers stuck easily to the felt.  The gold sequin bow was perfect as is.
 
 
When I came to the end of the LO - it didn't quite look finished, so I grabbed a strand of black sequins and literally wrapped them around my finger so they fell on the LO in this way.  I stapled it down quickly so it wouldn't move.  From the remaining strand, I picked a few off and scattered them around my page. 
 
I really love how this LO came together and I thank Jaimie for the great challenge.  I encourage you to check out all the challenges for this month - not only will you find some inspiration - but you may even be one of the lucky ones to win a great prize from d-lish. 
 
Thanks for looking.
 
Till next time.
 
Take care.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment