Thursday, November 10, 2016

"So many reasons to smile" by Malinda Gardner


Malinda here with a share of a page I did recently. At the time I thought it was my new favourite page but then I scrapped again on the weekend and the page I created then has become my new fav. I'm loving what I'm creating at the moment, after a long dry spell it's nice to love what I'm doing.
One of the reasons I'm loving creating at the moment is I have so many goodies from D-lish to use on my pages...sounds staged hey but it's not. I love embellishments and the D-lish stuff is perfect for my pages.

OK so here's my page 



If you follow my stuff (as I know so many of you do) then you'll know I start with my background and then layer and layer and layer and then add embellishments and somewhere along the way I decide on the photo I will use. This page I did most of this but the photo was chosen pretty early and I knew I wanted a very girly page as the photo is of my two girls with their only girl cousin. Easy decision then to use every PINK! 
With that important decision made I pulled out pretty much all the pink D-lish products I had...and there were a lot plus a few white embellishments.

My background was done in two stages...firstly using white punchinella I misted over the punchinella using it as a stencil and then used it as a stamp so you get the positive and negative pattern of the punchinella. How cool is that???!!!

Second stage was a few swipes of Dylusions paint...love that hot pink colour and then I added messed up, cut up, pulled apart pieces of plasterer's tape; I love that stuff. 
After matting my photo on some patterned paper (yep I used patterned paper lol) and some pink cardstock which I inked (again I never ink but I did this time) I placed my photo and started embellishing.

I like using the punchinella that I've used as a stencil somewhere on my page. It takes on the colour from the misting and is another layer and I fee, ties the background in to the rest of the page.
As I said earlier I wanted a very girly, feminine feel to the page with a bit of whimsy through it, so I gathered flowers, pip berry stems, tassles, buttons, anything pink or white and started adding.

I'm loving wire at the moment. It gives structure as well as colour and texture to a page. The pink coloured wire is great for folding, bending, whatever you want to do it (and heaps of wire for only 50c that's soooo cheap).


So I intertwined the coloured wire and the white pip berry stems from left to right across the page over the plasterer's tape with some loops and bends. That's the first time I've used the pip berry stems on a page and I love them. Easy to cut off exactly how much you use and easy to bend into whatever shape you want. I'll be using them alot.


Time to add my bits and pieces, all the special pieces from D-lish that make my page pop.
The new suede tassels are not something I have used before, but I love the extra depth and texture they give to the page, another thing I will use more of.
A flair button, who doesn't love them??? This one was from a past JAP kit, perfect colour for this page.
A few flowers, three of course, this time the Forget Me Nots looped around the wire and glued down.
Can't forget some (again three lol) pink enamel dots (but no doodling this time) in a triangle formation.


Last but not least a title. I'm not into big titles. I like to use a small title, like a saying.
I keep using the ombre wordfetti for my titles. So many sayings and all the colours of the rainbow. I've got them all, I love them.


A few sprinkles/drops of black, white and pink inks and I'm done.

Do you love my page? I can't stop looking at it, it was my new fav until I created another new fav lol.

Thanks for visiting. Go and get some of that wire and those pip berry stems from the shop now. They are gorgeous.



xxx Mal



1 comment:

  1. yes! yes! yes Mal! this will stay my fave of yours for quite a while i think! gorgeous
    from Nicolee (yes, I'm on my sons log in!!)

    ReplyDelete