Tuesday, November 8, 2016

"Kiara turns Eleven" by Jaimie

Hi D-lish'ers!

It's Jaimie here again to share with you a fun layout of my Niece Kiara's 11th Birthday celebrations on Saturday night. She had a sleepover party my Daughter of course attended, and lots of fun was had!

First I started with a plain white cardstock base. I wanted to challenge myself NOT to use mixed media on this layout....instead I used the Crate Paper "Bloom" papers and ephemera on this one, with D-lish goodies, providing the perfect mix of fun embellishments to complete the piece.




I started with fringing a strip of the paper, which was actually printed with fringe detail! I wasn't sure if this would work but I think it turned out well.

Then I added some layers: washi tape , banner patterned paper, a 5x7 Polka dot bag (gold) {to house some hidden journaling and possibly more photos}..and a mint coloured paper doily, all under the photos.

I used a ton of D-lish embellishments in the cluster at the bottom right of the photos:
* Sequin bow in light pink
* Pastel Suede Tassel in Mint
* Resin flower
* Flair button
* Various paper flowers
* Resin Glitter dots in hot pink & teal
* Resin diamond in light blue.




I also used a sequin mix, resin bow and enamel shapes scattered in other mini-clusters.



I used the puffy alphabet stickers in Aqua and White for the title.


I finished off with some splatters of gold Heidi Swapp colour shine, because I had to have some kind of medium on there!

I hope you like this Layout jam packed with D-lish deliciousness! See you soon!

Jaimie :)

1 comment: