Friday, November 25, 2016

"Happy Days" by Malinda Gardner

Malinda here with another D-lish share for you all today.

I've been itching to share this page since I did a few weeks ago...I'm totally in love with it...can't stop looking at it.

We recently moved to NZ and love everything about it here. It's such a beautiful country, so much to do and mostly everything is to do with the outdoors.

So I had this picture, a small panoramic shot I took when we were in Algies Bay, up north in NZ, that I wanted to scrap. I loved the blue in it, the water and the sky, just perfect.



I won't bore you with the details of how I did my background. It's along the same lines of how I did my last one...modelling paste, Speedball inks, Dylusions white mist, Dylusions paints, bit of dabbing (LOL).
Next came the layering of a bit of patterned paper,  light blue and black of course, some gauze, that I'd used to dab with so it took up some of the blue colour and the blue punchinella this time. In different light it looks a bit purple or green, how cool is that!!!???



I don't like to waste any paint that I've mixed up on my messy mat, so I either use it as background for the next page or in this case I put three of the wood veneers in them and gave them a quick bit of colour.



I continued to layer, now adding the bright blue coloured wire, which I cut (really easy to cut and bend and shape this wire, and it holds the shape too which is important) to the lengths I wanted.



A few flowers, 3 of course, paper roses in white, intertwined around the wire, a flair button from a past Just Add Paper kit and three strategically :) placed enamel glitter dots in black and I'm done embellishing..


Last is my title and as I've said before I love the Ombre Wordfetti in teal as a simple title. A tiny bit of journalling, to note the time and place of the photo and that's it for this page.




This page actually only took me about an hour, minus the drying time of the background which I left overnight. I love quick pages.

Happy scrapping

Mal xxx










1 comment:

  1. Wow, just WOW!!! I am glad you took close up pictures of how you did the layering.... just stunning. Thanks for sharing <3 it!

    ReplyDelete