Saturday, November 19, 2016

Captured by Anthea

Hi again.

Here I am again with my latest share.

Lately I have found I have been heading straight for the white cardstock when doing a LO and I have been tending toward more feminine/girlie LOs.  This month I wanted to challenge myself a bit, so I made myself use a piece of patterned paper as my background. It took a LOT of effort to break out of the comfort of a solid piece of white as my base, but in saying that, I am pretty happy with the result.

 
I chose a photo of my son and BIL which always makes me smile.  I have no doubt that if my BIL could have locked that thing shut, he would have.  (Just joking - I think!)  As is fairly typical for me....I started by messing up the background.  I used a d-lish stencil (this gorgeous one is Moroccan tile) to add a bit of colour and texture.  To give it a bit more texture, I literally just slathered on some texture paste and smushed it around. I also added some stamping here and there. It was all still looking a bit too 'pretty' for what I had in mind, so I plopped  on some glue and stuck some tiny seed beads in clumps here and there.  (Please excuse my use of made up descriptive words - they sound good to me.)
 
I then tore up bits of washi tape that I thought might work with the photo and stuck that down.  I used a bit of punchinella, and a doiley to back my photo.  Instead of using flowers - I used these D-lish wood veneer cogs - which I left raw, a journal card from a past JAP kit and some gorgeous royal blue enamel glitter dots.


 
I knew without a doubt that I wanted to use this paint chip tab.  I wasn't sure how I was going to use it, but after some fiddling I decided to mount it on black cardstock and treat it almost identically to how I treated the photo.  In my mind, the word 'captured' was a perfect title for my LO so I decided to highlight the word by wrapping some wire around it and stapling that on. D-lish has tons of different coloured wires which you could use in a similar way.
 
 
Like I said, I am pretty happy with how this one turned out.  It is a bit more masculine what I have been creating lately, but without being 'in your face' boy. 
 
I hope I have inspired you a little bit and hope you have some fun scrapping this weekend.  If you are looking for more inspiration - don't forget to check out the Scrap Suite on Facebook for some great challenges and a prize or two from D-lish scraps. 
 
Have a great day.
 
Till next time. Take care.
 
Anthea
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment